JON KATZ, P.C.
Criminal Defense Lawyer
DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
Practicing in Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Montgomery County, Washington, D.C. Beltway and Beyond
20 YEARS EXPERIENCE
HIGHLY-RATED CRIMINAL DEFENSE / DRUNK DRIVING /DWI /DUI LAWYER / DRUG DEFENSE LAWYERfighting for the best defense
MONTGOMERY COUNTY MAIN OFFICE:8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 703, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910,
(301) 495-7755/FAX (301) 585-7733, jon[at]katzjustice[dot]com
FAIRFAX COUNTY SATELLITE MEETING LOCATION: 1420 Spring Hill Road, Suite 600, Tysons Corner/ McLean, Fairfax County, Virginia 22102, (703) 917-6626.
JON KATZ: DEVOTED TO YOUR LIBERTY, HIGHLY-RATED, AND IN THE NEWS:
- 10.0 AVVO RATING
- SUPER LAWYERS-LISTED
- AV 5.0/5.0 PEER-REVIEW RATING by MARTINDALE-HUBBELL
- NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BY MAJOR NEWS MEDIA
"A lawyer that never quits!"; "Good with people and good with law” ; "Dedicated and Thorough".
See more AVVO.com client reviews here.
20 YEARS FIGHTINGIN COURT FOR VICTORY FOR OVER 2,500 CRIMINAL DEFENSE AND DWI CLIENTS.
- CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER (All Felonies, Misdemeanors, Drunk Driving, Marijuana and all other drugs)
- DRUNK DRIVING LAWYER / DUI / DWI / CRIMINAL TRAFFIC / DRUGGED DRIVING
- CONSTITUTIONAL / FIRST AMENDMENT DEFENSE / STUDENTS' RIGHTS LAWYER
Practicing in and beyond the Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Beltway, including the state and federal courts in Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Arlington County, Prince William County (Manassas), Loudoun County (Leesburg), Montgomery County (Rockville and Silver Spring), Prince George's County (Upper Marlboro, Hyattsville, Greenbelt), Howard County, Frederick County, Anne Arundel County (Annapolis, Glen Burnie), Baltimore City, and Baltimore County.
JOB(S) AT JON KATZ, P.C.
LEGAL ASSISTANT- CRIMINAL DEFENSE/Civil Liberties:
PART-TIME CLERICAL ASSISTANT/SECRETARY- CRIMINAL
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANKS DEEPLY TO ALL WHO APPLIED. WE REGRET BEING UNABLE TO INDIVIDUALLY THANK ALL APPLICANTS, BASED ON THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED.
Highly-rated criminal defense lawyer in the news seeks a sharp, caring, part-time assistant for criminal trial support running from meticulous clerical work to preparing court filings to case brainstorming to high client contact to the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. You will support our full-time assistant and will be well-trained along the way.
We require 15-20 hours weekly, starting no later than
4:00 p.m. and ending no earlier than 6:00 p.m.
This is a rare opportunity that will give you a leg up on your career, the art of persuasion, and the art of helping people harmonize and win over imbalanced situations.
Please apply only if you meet the foregoing criteria. Please forward your targeted and persuasive one-page cover letter (designating part-time assistant) and one-page resume to Jon Katz at email@example.com. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SENDING E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS, which can be cumbersome to open. PLEASE SEE FURTHER APPLICATION CRITERIA BELOW.
We look forward to hearing from qualified and committed candidates.
Recruiters: please refrain from contacting us.
Please apply as follows: - Please only apply if you meet the
foregoing criteria. - Please send us a targeted cover letter
(listing the following in the subject line: "P/T
Assistant") and a resume that is
preferably targeted to this position.
Please limit your cover letter and resume to one page each. Please
target your cover letter and application to show why you are interested
in this position, and why you will be successful at it. - Please only apply after assuring
that you meet our minimum job requirements listed herein. Please carefully read this
entire page. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR
AVAILABILITY FOR THE ABOVE-LISGTED SCHEDULE, AND PLEASE TELL US WHY SUCH
PART-TIME HOURS ARE DESIREABLE FOR YOU. - This is a fast-paced stimulating
position that requires full time and attention. The successful candidate will
communicate well and clearly; will be well organized; will be prompt with
assignments and with arriving at work on time; and will be productive with
work. - Our law firm is a Facebook-free/Twitter-free/distraction-free
zone. Staff is permitted reasonable time for personal communications, but the
lion's share of the workday -- and success working for us -- requires limited
distractions by personal communications. (Communications and learning
about our cases and work is of course encouraged.) - Please do not send us email
attachments. They can be cumbersome to open on our computer systems, might
include virus risks, and are not always easily opened on Jon's iPhone. We will only read text emails, not attachments. PLEASE
CONFIRM YOUR AVAILABILITY FOR THE ABOVE-LISGTED SCHEDULE, AND PLEASE TELL US WHY
SUCH PART-TIME HOURS ARE DESIREABLE FOR YOU.
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 703
Silver Spring, Montgomery County, Maryland 20910
Fax (301) 585-7733
firstname.lastname@example.org More information on our law firm is at
ONLY WISH TO HEAR FROM INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE FOREGOING CRITERIA-
We ask that recruiters, advertisers, teleworkers/offsite workers, and anyone
else other than the potential onsite job candidate refrain from contacting us.
REFRAIN FROM CALLING OR EMAILING US ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
unless we have contacted you. We get inundated with applications, and will not
reply to such inquiries if we have not contacted you. It is not necessary to
inquire whether we have received your application. If you email or fax or send
it to the above-listed address, we will have received it. POSTED August 19, 2012
WORK WITH JON KATZ, P.C., WHERE YOUR EFFORTS ARE VALUED AND REWARDED, AND WHERE YOUR WORK SERVES JUSTICE
We are a highly-rated law firm in the news helping our clients balance unbalanced situations, fight for justice, and move on with their lives. We deliver top-notch service, and require top-notch staff.
Obtaining such results requires energy, tenacity, caring, ability, and a commitment to fighting for the underdog, It takes hard work. When the work is done well, the work and results are highly rewarding, and we compensate well for work well done.
Are you up for the challenge and opportunity to make positive differences in our clients' lives and to reap the rewards from doing so?
If so -- and if you have the following abilities and experience -- we want to hear from you.
We take on tough cases, and fight hard to win. The vast majority of our clients are charged with crimes running from drunk driving and drug possession to white collar crimes, sex crimes, and homicide. We also do student discipline defense and First Amendment defense, including libel defense, adult entertainment industry representation, and defense of political activist defense. Suffice it to say, this is an exciting place to work.
What is a typical day like?
There is no typical day at our law firm. We are like a fast-paced hospital emergency room, providing efficient and specially-tailored service to each client. Among the work that will always be needed each week is legal research, the drafting of court filings and correspondence, substantial client contact, multitasking with a busy phone and assignments, trial preparation, keeping files well-organized, handling scheduling with courts, keeping on top of deadlines and assignments, and keeping the office running smoothly, whether it be ordering supplies, working with our phone and computer technicians when we have technological problems. We get clients and keep them the old-fashioned way, by earning it.
Our minimum job requirements are for staff who truly want to -- and are able to -- serve the foregoing goals, and who also have the following:
- Complete street smarts and intellectual smarts. We require college experience or the intellectual equivalent.
- We will check the references of candidates before making a job offer.
- The ability to work well and undistracted in a fast-paced, high-energy, caring workplace. Except for your lunch hour and break-time, this is a FaceBook-free/MySpace-free/ICQ-free/Twitter-free zone.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, and to deal well with the occasional callers and visitors who are so wrapped up in their own problems that they sometimes have trouble being pleasant.
- Meticulous adherence to client confidentiality, professionalism, effective communication, good organization, loyal and dependable work, promptness, and productivity.
In return, our staff gets:
- Excellent training.
- A wonderful life experience, including learning about powerful persuasion and simplifying challenges into powerful action.
- Excellent teamwork experience with Jon Katz and our experienced full-time and part-time staff members.
- Competitive pay based on your experience and performance.
- A very rewarding boost to your career.
- Deep appreciation and recognition for successful work and results.
- For law school-bound people, a leg up on your future law school. experience.
JON KATZ, P.C. SEEKS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES IN ITS STAFF?
- You thrive as a team member in a small for-profit law firm.
- You work well under tight deadlines and litigation-driven pressure.
- You have a can-do attitude and ability at every step of the way.
- You have strong intelligence, maturity, and common sense commensurate with your position.
- You are trustworthy, professional, and committed to client confidentiality.
- You like and respect people, and have a big heart.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN YOUR APPLICATION?
Elements of a strong application include:
- A persuasive, well-written one-page cover letter showing why you qualify for and desire the specific position you seek.
- A one-page resume focusing on your skills, experience, and education that most closely qualify you for the position you seek.
- Full salary history, brief discussion of why you seek a new career challenge, and brief explanation of any gaps in career history.
- ALL APPLICATIONS ARE KEPT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
-PLEASE REFRAIN FROM E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS, PHONE CALLS, AND E-MAIL INQUIRIES
-JON KATZ, P.C., IS COMMITTED TO THE LETTER & SPIRIT OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL
JON KATZ, P.C.
8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 703
Silver Spring, Montgomery County, Maryland 20910
Fax (301) 585-7733
JON KATZ, P.C. AGGRESSIVELY HIRES TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT STAFF. WE OFFER:
- Career satisfaction, appreciation for strong performance , and respect for you and your work.
- Excellent pay, benefits package, training, and reasonable hours.
- Paid nearby parking; subsidized nearby Metro.
- A career to love, stimulating work that serves true justice, and rewarding client contact.
- Recognition for excellent performance. Career growth for excellent work.
- Performance-based bonuses and raises.
- A highly-rated law firm in the news that you will be proud to be part of.
- A lawyer who works closely with you, value your role in our law firm family, and encourage your
ideas and suggestions for better serving our clients, our firm, and you.
Why we do what we do, and why you might wish to apply to work with us..
JONATHAN L. KATZ (Admitted in MD/DC/VAstate and federal courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court) Se habla español. On parle français.
HOME ABOUT US IN THE NEWS DIRECTIONS JOBS KNOW YOUR RIGHTS CONTACT US
UNDERDOG BLOG LINKS ARTICLES CLIENT VIEWS SITE MAP FAQ DISCLAIMER OUR VICTORIES
Visit our homepage at www.katzjustice.com. Copyright Jon Katz, P.C..