JON KATZ, P.C.
Criminal Defense Lawyer
DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
Practicing in Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. Beltway and Beyond
22 YEARS EXPERIENCE
HIGHLY-RATED CRIMINAL DEFENSE / DRUNK DRIVING /DWI /DUI LAWYER / DRUG DEFENSE LAWYERfighting for the best defense
JON KATZ, P.c.
10509 JUDICIAL DRIVE
FAIRFAX, VA 22030
JON KATZ: DEVOTED TO YOUR LIBERTY, HIGHLY-RATED, AND IN THE NEWS:
- 10.0 AVVO RATING
- SUPER LAWYERS-LISTED
- 5.0/5.0 PEER-REVIEW RATING by MARTINDALE-HUBBELL
- NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BY MAJOR NEWS MEDIA
"A lawyer that never quits!"; "Good with people and good with law” ; "Dedicated and Thorough".
See more AVVO.com client reviews here.
Practicing Criminal Defense and DWI Defense in the counties of Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, Loudoun, Alexandria, Prince George's, Washington, D.C., and beyond.
JOB(S) AT JON KATZ, P.C.
EXPERIENCED, COLLEGE-EXPERIENCED (OR EQUIVALENT) CLERICAL ASSISTANT/SECRETARY- CRIMINAL
DEFENSE/Civil Liberties Law Firm (Minimum 20 hours weekly, with at least
three late afternoons to include Mondays and Fridays)
*** THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIED. WE HAVE FILLED THIS POSITION. PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE FOR FUTURE JOB POSTINGS.***
Highly-rated criminal defense lawyer in the news seeks a sharp, caring, part-time assistant for criminal trial support running from meticulous clerical work to preparing court filings to case brainstorming to high client contact to the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. You will join our full-time assistant and replace our longtime part-time assistant (attending college in Maryland, and available for assistance on an ad hoc basis), and will be well-trained along the way by our support staff and Jon Katz. This posting replaces and updates our October 2013 part-time job posting, so please re-apply if you applied to work for us last October and meet the criteria listed in this job posting.
We require a minimum of 20 hours weekly (with the
option to work up to 25 hours weekly), working at least four hours each day
through 6:00 p.m., and at least three days weekly to include Mondays and
This is a rare opportunity that will give you a leg up on your career, the art of persuasion, and the art of helping people harmonize and win over imbalanced situations.
Please apply only if you meet the criteria and scheduling requirements listed above and below, including our requirement for college experience or the equivalent, and prior office experience. Please forward your targeted and persuasive one-page cover letter (designating "Part-Time Assistant") and one-page resume to Jon Katz at App14@katzjustice.com. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SENDING E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS (so please exclude attachments in Word, PDF or other format), which do not always open on Jon's iPhone. PLEASE SEE FURTHER APPLICATION CRITERIA BELOW.
We look forward to hearing from qualified and committed candidates.
Recruiters: please refrain from contacting us.
Please apply as follows: - Please send us a targeted cover letter
(listing the following in the subject line: "Part-Time
Assistant") and a resume that is
preferably targeted to this position.
Please limit your cover letter and resume to one page each. Please
target your cover letter and application to show why you are interested
in this position, why you meet our application criteria (including our
scheduling requirements) and why you will be successful at it. - Please only apply after assuring
that you meet our minimum job requirements listed herein. Please carefully read this
entire page. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR
AVAILABILITY FOR THE ABOVE-LISTED SCHEDULE, AND PLEASE TELL US WHY SUCH
A PART-TIME SCHEDULE IS DESIREABLE FOR YOU. - This is a fast-paced stimulating
position that requires full time and attention. The successful candidate will
communicate well and clearly; will be well organized; will be prompt with
assignments and with arriving at work on time; and will be productive with
work. - Our law firm is a Facebook-free/Twitter-free/distraction-free
zone. Staff is permitted reasonable time for personal communications (so long as
that time is not billed to our law firm beyond 15 minutes daily), but the
lion's share of the workday -- and success working for us -- requires limited
distractions by personal communications. (Communications and learning
about our cases and work is of course encouraged.) - Please do not send us email
attachments. They can be cumbersome to open on our computer systems, might
include virus risks, and are not always easily opened on Jon's iPhone. We will only read text emails, not attachments. PLEASE SEND ALL TEXT-FORMATTED APPLICATIONS (with no
emailed attachments) to:
10509 Judicial Drive, Suite101
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Fax: (703) 383-0800
More information on our law firm is at
ONLY WISH TO HEAR FROM INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE FOREGOING AND
We ask that recruiters, advertisers, teleworkers/offsite workers, and anyone
else other than the potential onsite job candidate refrain from contacting us.
REFRAIN FROM CALLING OR EMAILING US ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
unless we have contacted you. If you email or fax or send
your application to the above-listed address, we will have received it. POSTED
December 29, 2013
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO THRIVE AND SUCCEED AT OUR LAW FIRM ?
Do you want to learn the power of persuasiveness as you work?
Do you want to make a positive difference for people and for civil liberties?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-challenging work environment?
Do you want to tap into your own personal power and magic in an extraordinary workplace that highly values your individual gifts and your teamwork?
Highly-rated solo criminal defense/civil liberties lawyer Jon Katz is adding this part-time assistant position to his existing staff of one full-time legal assistant and one part-time legal assistant. his is a rare opportunity to join our team. Our constant focus is on obtaining the best possible results for our clients, as we plow ahead to reverse the uneven playing field in fighting criminal prosecutions.
You will be trained by our existing support staff and Jon Katz. Jon has learned from some of the nation's best trial lawyers and persuaders, practices powerful persuasion daily, and shares what he learns with colleagues and staff. Some samples of Jon's work are here .
WORK WITH JON KATZ, P.C., WHERE YOUR EFFORTS ARE VALUED AND REWARDED, AND WHERE YOUR WORK SERVES JUSTICE
We are a highly-rated law firm in the news helping our clients balance unbalanced situations, fight for justice, and move on with their lives. We deliver top-notch service, and require top-notch staff.
Obtaining such results requires energy, tenacity, caring, ability, and a commitment to fighting for the underdog, It takes hard work. When the work is done well, the work and results are highly rewarding, and we compensate well for work well done.
Are you up for the challenge and opportunity to make positive differences in our clients' lives and to reap the rewards from doing so?
If so -- and if you have the foregoing and following abilities and experience -- we want to hear from you.
We take on tough cases, and fight hard to win. The vast majority of our clients are charged with crimes running from drunk driving and drug possession to white collar crimes, sex crimes, and homicide. We also do student discipline defense and First Amendment defense, including libel defense, adult entertainment industry representation, and defense of political activist defense. Suffice it to say, this is an exciting place to work.
What is a typical day like?
There is no typical day at our law firm. We are like a fast-paced hospital emergency room, providing efficient and specially-tailored service to each client. Among the work that will always be needed each week is legal research, the drafting of court filings and correspondence, substantial client contact, multitasking with a busy phone and assignments, trial preparation, keeping files well-organized, handling scheduling with courts, keeping on top of deadlines and assignments, and keeping the office running smoothly, whether it be ordering supplies, working with our phone and computer technicians when we have technological problems. We get clients and keep them the old-fashioned way, by earning it.
Our minimum job requirements are for staff who truly want to -- and are able to -- serve the foregoing goals, and who also have the following:
- Complete street smarts and intellectual smarts. We require college experience or the intellectual equivalent.
- We will check the references of candidates before making a job offer.
- The ability to work well and undistracted in a fast-paced, high-energy, caring workplace. Except for your lunch hour and break-time, this is a social media-free zone.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, and to deal well with the occasional callers and visitors who are so wrapped up in their own problems that they sometimes have trouble being pleasant.
- Meticulous adherence to client confidentiality, professionalism, effective communication, good organization, loyal and dependable work, promptness, and productivity.
In return, our staff gets:
- Excellent training.
- A wonderful life experience, including learning about powerful persuasion and simplifying challenges into powerful action.
- Excellent teamwork experience with Jon Katz and our experienced staff.
- Competitive pay based on your experience and performance.
- A very rewarding boost to your career.
- Deep appreciation and recognition for successful work and results.
- For law school-bound people, a leg up on your future law school. experience.
JON KATZ, P.C. SEEKS THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL QUALITIES IN ITS STAFF:
- You thrive as a team member in a small for-profit law firm.
- You work well under tight deadlines and litigation-driven pressure.
- You have a can-do attitude and ability at every step of the way.
- You have strong intelligence, maturity, and common sense commensurate with your position.
- You are trustworthy, professional, and committed to client confidentiality.
- You like and respect people, and have a big heart.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN YOUR APPLICATION?
Elements of a strong application include:
- A persuasive, well-written one-page cover letter showing why you qualify for and desire the specific position you seek.
- A one-page resume focusing on your skills, experience, and education that most closely qualify you for the position you seek.
- Full salary history, brief discussion of why you seek a new career challenge, and brief explanation of any gaps in career history.
- ALL APPLICATIONS ARE KEPT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
-PLEASE REFRAIN FROM E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS, PHONE CALLS, AND E-MAIL INQUIRIES
-JON KATZ, P.C., IS COMMITTED TO THE LETTER & SPIRIT OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL
JON KATZ, P.C.
JON KATZ, P.C. AGGRESSIVELY HIRES TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT STAFF. WE OFFER:
- Career satisfaction, appreciation for strong performance , and respect for you and your work.
- Excellent pay, benefits package, training, and reasonable hours.
- A career to love, stimulating work that serves true justice, and rewarding client contact.
- Recognition for excellent performance. Career growth for excellent work.
- Performance-based bonuses and raises.
- A highly-rated law firm in the news that you will be proud to be part of.
- A lawyer and staff who work closely with you, value your role in our law firm family, and encourage your
ideas and suggestions for better serving our clients, our firm, and you.
Why we do what we do, and why you might wish to apply to work with us..
JONATHAN L. KATZ (Admitted in VA/MD/DCstate and federal courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court) Se habla español. On parle français.
HOME ABOUT US IN THE NEWS DIRECTIONS JOBS KNOW YOUR RIGHTS CONTACT US
UNDERDOG BLOG LINKS ARTICLES CLIENT VIEWS SITE MAP FAQ DISCLAIMER OUR VICTORIES
Visit our homepage at www.katzjustice.com. Copyright Jon Katz, P.C..