Chalk away – The First Amendment lives!
Congratulations and thanks to my First Amendment Lawyers Association brother members Richard Wilson and Gary Edinger, and their colleague Christopher Cronon, for overcoming a content-based arrest and prosecution of a man for chalking his opinions on the sidewalk outside a courthouse. The case is Osmar v. Orlando, Case No. 6:12-cv-00185-DAB (M.D. Fl.)
I have uploaded the following key documents in this case:
– Case docket.
– Preliminary Injunction motion.
– Defendant’s opposition to an injunction.
– Defendant’s Motion to dismiss complaint.
– Defendant’s motion to recuse judge.
– Denial of defendant’s recusal motion.
– Permanent injunction opinion.
Above is a video of Osmar’s arrest that led to this civil litigation.