Jun 12, 2011 Cops and lawmakers: Stop prohibiting recording of out-in-the-open police actions
This blog entry follows up on my preceding blog entry entitled "Civilian video of Miami police shooting highlights need to permit recording of out-in-the-open police actions. See next blog entry for more."
Here is some more information on this story:
– Thanks to the listserv member wo alerted me to this story.
– Here is Reason.com’s article on the matter, including two videos, the second one covering the tension between the law and police suppression of recording the police and public buildings.
– Narces Benoit — who took the shooting video shown here — says he hid the video card of the incident in his mouth, thus avoiding destruction by the police.
– Here is CNN coverage of the story.
– Miami Channel 10 reports around minute 2:00 here about the police seizure of another bystander’s phone after this Memorial Day police shooting incident. Thanks to Caros Miller for having linked to this Channel 10 story.