Jun 12, 2011 Cops and lawmakers: Stop prohibiting recording of out-in-the-open police actions
This blog entry follows up on my preceding blog entry entitled “Civilian video of Miami police shooting highlights need to permit recording of out-in-the-open police actions. See next blog entry for more.”
Here is some more information on this story:
– Thanks to the listserv member wo alerted me to this story.
– Here is Reason.com’s article on the matter, including two videos, the second one covering the tension between the law and police suppression of recording the police and public buildings.
– Narces Benoit — who took the shooting video shown here — says he hid the video card of the incident in his mouth, thus avoiding destruction by the police.
– Here is CNN coverage of the story.
– Miami Channel 10 reports about the police seizure of another bystander’s phone after this Memorial Day police shooting incident. Thanks to Caros Miller for having linked to this Channel 10 story.