Full-Time Legal Assistant
Full-Time Legal Assistant - Join our winning team at our highly-rated Fairfax criminal litigation law firm. We defend the civil liberties of clients charged with DUI, drug offenses, and other criminal offenses.
You Will Learn Great Lessons In Client Service, Persuasion, And Marketing
Our decades of success is grounded in providing clients with great service and a great experience, and persuading on the path of obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients.
Our clients come to us by referrals, and hearing about us online and offline. Our support staff assists in such marketing areas as shooting Jon Katz on camera for informational videos, preparing and distributing our monthly newsletter, and sending callers requested informational material.
We Seek Driven Applicants With Warm Hearts, Street Smarts And A Strong Work Ethic
COLPP is the acronym and simple recipe for succeeding at our law firm, namely: Good Communication, good organization, loyalty as an employee, prompt with your work, and productive.
We also seek those who like people and have warm hearts. You will have great opportunities to interact with our clients, court personnel and many others.
We Seek People With Secretarial Experience And Will Train For The Legal Work
We wish demonstrated strong secretarial experience. We will train you for the legal work for our clients. We seek applicants who will succeed and thrive in the short term and long term.
More About This Job
In this job, you will:
- Prepare court documents and correspondence, organize client files, handle filings at nearby and other courthouses, handle incoming and outgoing phone calls, schedule appointments, calendar court dates, handle incoming and outgoing mail, handle payments and bank deposits, keep our reception area organized, and order supplies.
- Handle fast-paced, dynamic work, giving full attention to detail and each project objective. The day goes fast.
- Have a good phone manner.
- Touch type with a minimum 30 words per minute.
- Use MS Word, G-Suite/G-Mail, Google Calendar, Google Voice text messaging, Dropbox, and online court docketing review.
- Be trained on and use Westlaw legal research software.
- Have a car to drive to nearby courthouses when needed.
What pay, benefits and rewards do our employees get?
- We pay and train to retain. We include paid vacation time and paid federal holidays.
- Onsite parking is free. Our office is across the street from the Fairfax courthouse, spacious, beautiful and comfortable.
- You will have substantial and meaningful contact with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, and courthouse staff. Our clients are good, presumed-innocent people who often are charged with crimes for the first and only times in their lives, and we help them obtain as much victory as possible and to get on with their lives.
Are You Ready To Jump-Start Your Career? Please Only Apply With A Resume, And A Cover Letter That Answers The Following Questions
Please only apply for this position if it speaks to you, your drive, and your ability.
Please email (in pdf format) us your one-page resume and 1-2 page cover letter that includes your answers to the following questions to email@example.com :
- What inspired you to apply for this job?
- What is your ideal weekly work schedule?
- How soon are you available to start work?
- What are your career goals for the next five years?
- What is your relevant secretarial experience?
- What is your experience or interest level in marketing?
- What is your salary history during the last five years?
- Why did you leave each prior job from the last five years?
- Are you a people person?
Please do not call us unless we call you. Employment agencies are asked not to contact us.
We are fully devoted to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.