Feb 09, 2017 Appellate court affirms stay against Trump’s travel ban- Here are the case documents
On January 30, 2017, I blogged about Donald Trump’s wrongheaded executive order banning entry into the United States by citizens of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Yemen, Sudan and Somalia.
On February 3, 2017, the Washington state federal trial court imposed a stay on the ban, pending full litigation on the matter. Today, February 9, 2017, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld that stay.
The new is replete with this story. Therefore, I post today on this story by providing the following original source material:
– The Ninth Circuit’s February 9, 2017, decision upholding the stay.
– Audio of oral argument that led to the Ninth Circuit’s February 9, 2017, affirmance of the stay on the travel ban.
– United States District Court Judge James L. Robart’s (W.D. Wa.) February 3, 2017, decision staying the travel ban.
– Video of oral argument that led to the February 3, 2017, federal trial court stay of the travel ban.
– Legal briefs, amicus briefs, and other documents filed in the Ninth Circuit proceedings about the travel ban stay.