May 06, 2012 Random thoughts of the week
On Sundays, I sometimes veer well beyond the law in my blog entries.
On my Twitterpage, https://twitter.com/jonkatz5, I sometimes jot out news items, legal ideas, and personal ideas of interest. However, it can be hard to view Twitter archives after a few weeks. Therefore, starting with this blog entry, I am assembling some of my recent random thoughts.
– “[A]ll dharmas … are but … means & shifts around the Great Death which is ‘our life.'” Jack Kerouac, Some of the Dharma.
“Practice wishing happiness to all your friends, acquaintances & enemies. Not only does this awake a heart of compassion…” Id.
“I always did suspect that life was a dream, now i am assured by the most brilliant man who ever lived, that it is indeed so.” Id.
– “The thing wrong with the world is that people don’t have instructions.” Tadodaho Chief Leon Shenandoah
– Boredom is not a choice. Thanks to associatesmind.com.
– “What is the relationship between nuclear power plants, Native American burial grounds and Buddhism?”
– Martine Rothblatt on mindfiles. mindware, and mindclones.
– I stumbled upon the Wake Up and Laugh blog.
– “The ego thinks it makes choices.” ~ Ram Dass.
– If trees could speak, what would they say?
– Beopjeong Sunim’s essay “Without Possession.”
– Somewhere in Dhamma on Beopjeong Sunim.
– More on Beopjeong Sunim after his passing.
– More writings by Beopjeong Sunim.