Aug 06, 2009 The U.S. government atom-bombed Hiroshima sixty-four years ago today
The U.S. government atomic-bombed Hiroshima fifty four years ago.
Here are some thoughts:
– My 1999 visit to Hiroshima was very sad. Here I am adding to the collection of peace cranes at Hiroshima’s memorial.
– Hiroshima’s horrors are highlighted by the ash mound of tens of thousands of victims whose remains were not claimed: https://bit.ly/gnS4N .
– A huge number of survivors of Hiroshima carry/ied deep physical and emotional wounds. Young Sadako Sasaki was one of the leukemia victims.
– Here is more on Sadako and her memorial in Hiroshima: https://www.city.hiroshima.jp/shimin/heiwa/crane.html .
– Deeply disturbing pictures from Hiroshima before and after: https://bit.ly/EIFKp .
– I write more about the Hiroshima bombing here.