Our law firm has an immediate opening for one part-time experienced legal assistant, at our highly-rated Fairfax criminal law firm. The part-time assistant will join our existing experienced staff
This is a great opportunity for those with prior secretarial or law office experience. The hired candidate will do rewarding work, interact extensively with clients, and learn great lessons in persuasion, litigation and criminal law. You will be trained by our existing experienced full-time staff, and by lawyer Jon Katz.
– Work a minimum of three to four days weekly for a total of twenty hours weekly, during our regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– Have prior successful secretarial or law office experience.
– Handle fast-paced, dynamic work, giving full attention to detail and each project objective.
– Be ready for no day to be the same as the other, as we tailor our work to our clients’ needs.
– Have college experience or its intellectual equivalent, street smarts, and a caring and kind heart.
– Fulfill the essentials of good communication, good organization, devotion to serving our clients and firm well, promptness in your work, and productive time management.
– Have a car to drive to nearby courthouses when needed.
We use Westlaw legal research (on which we will train), MS Word, MS Outlook, Google Calendar, Dropbox, and online court docketing review. Touch typing with a minimum 40 wpm is required.
What pay, benefits and rewards do our employees get?
– We pay and train to retain. Parking is free. Our office is across from the Fairfax courthouse, spacious, beautiful and comfortable.
– You will learn innovative litigation approaches, ways to prepare cases for court and to persuade.
– You will have substantial and meaningful contact with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, and courthouse staff.
HOW TO APPLY (Please only apply if you meet our hiring standards listed here):
– Please send lawyer Jon Katz (1) a one-page resume relevant to this part-time position and (2) a one-page cover letter that specifically addresses why you seek and qualify for this position. In your cover letter, please include your available working hours, reason for leaving each prior job, and your salary history. Please state that you are applying for our part-time job opening.
– Please directly email Jon Katz your application to ptAutumn@katzjustice.com for the part-time position. Please use pdf as your only attachment format, or else please insert your application as a text in the body of your email. Please do not send us MS Word attachments, for us to avoid issues opening the attachment. Our job description is at katzjustice.com/jobs
– Please only apply by email, and only if you meet our above-listed qualifications. Please do not hand-deliver your application.
Please do not call us unless we call you. We always receive and review every application. You will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application.
We ask that employment agencies not contact us.
We are fully devoted to Equal Opportunity Employment.
Fairfax criminal lawyer/ Virginia DUI attorney Jon Katz has been successfully defending thousands of criminal defendants since 1991. To discuss your case with Virginia criminal lawyer Jon Katz, please call his staff to schedule a confidential consultation, at 703-383-1100