Part-Time Legal Assistant
Bring Your Career To The Next Level
PART-TIME LEGAL ASSISTANT
Join Our Experienced Winning Team
PLEASE ONLY APPLY AFTER REVIEWING THIS ENTIRE JOB POSTING
NOTE: We are not currently hiring, but invite applicants to send us their applications for future part-time and full-time legal assistant positions at our law firm.
Legal Assistant- Part-time Rewarding, fast-paced work protecting the civil liberties of criminal defendants and DUI clients. Join the winning team at our highly-rated Fairfax criminal litigation law firm.
Do you want to make a great career move to a winning legal team? If so, read on...
Justice can be obtained in court. It takes drive, wits, persuasion, and compassion. Highly-rated Fairfax criminal lawyer Jon Katz repeatedly obtains great results for his clients. That happens through the teamwork of Jon, his legal team, and our clients. .
Many of our clients are in criminal and DWI court for the first time in their lives, often like deer caught in the headlights, no matter how prestigious are their careers or how far they have achieved academically. Our clients rely on Jon to go the extra mile, and not to let go of the fight before it is completed.
Criminal and DWI defense is about defending the Bill of Rights and Constitution daily. This work is exhilarating. The payoffs are huge when our clients emerge successful from the courthouse.
Be part of that rush that starts with helping lift the burden from clients' shoulders, often running to great results in court. The work here is meaningful, rewarding, and life changing to so many of our clients.
If you have what it takes to be a successful legal assistant, let us hear from you. Not just with a resume sent with one mouseclick, but with a targeted cover letter that tells us what resonates for you about this job, and some of the great contributions you can make in this position.
This is a rare opportunity to learn great things about persuasion and making a big difference in people's lives. Do you have what it takes to thrive here? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your work will make a positive impact on our clients' lives. You will learn indispensable persuasion skills
Our decades of success is grounded in providing clients with great service and a great experience, and persuading on the path of obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients.
This is fast-paced work, like saving lives in a hospital emergency room
The great results we get in court stem from smart and hard work. We seek driven applicants with warm hearts, street smarts, and a strong work ethic.
COLPP is the acronym and simple recipe for succeeding at our law firm, namely: Good Communication, good organization, loyalty as an employee, prompt with your work, and productive.
You will have great opportunities to interact with our clients, court personnel and many others.
We Seek People With College Experience or the Equivalent, You will be well trained.
For this position, we seek candidates with college experience or the equivalent. We will train you well. We seek applicants who will succeed and thrive in the short term and long term.
More About This Job
Key duties of this career opportunity include:
- Prepare court documents and correspondence, organize client files, handle filings at nearby and other courthouses, handle incoming and outgoing phone calls, schedule appointments, calendar court dates, handle incoming and outgoing mail, handle payments and bank deposits, keep our reception area organized, and order supplies.
- Assist with such marketing as shooting videos of Jon Katz, maintaining a newsletter database, and sending out informational material.
- Handle fast-paced, dynamic work, giving full attention to detail and each project objective. The day goes fast.
- Work part-time during our regular 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. workday, Monday through Friday.
- Have a good phone manner.
- Touch type with a minimum 30 words per minute.
- MS Word, G-Suite/G-Mail, Google Calendar, Google Voice text messaging, Dropbox, and online court docketing review.
- Be trained on and use Westlaw legal research software.
- Have a car to drive to nearby courthouses when needed.
What pay, benefits and rewards do our employees get?
- We pay and train to retain. We include paid vacation time and paid federal holidays.
- Onsite parking is free. Our office across the street from the Fairfax courthouse is spacious, beautiful and comfortable.
- You will have substantial and meaningful contact with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, and courthouse staff. Our clients are good, presumed-innocent people who often are charged with crimes for the first and only times in their lives, and we help them obtain as much victory as possible and to get on with their lives.
Are You Ready To Jump-Start Your Career?
ONLY SEEKING APPLICATION WITH A COVER LETTER THAT ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
Please only apply for this position if you meet our above-listed qualifications, and if this job speaks to you, your drive, and your ability.
Please email us (in pdf format) your targeted cover letter and one-page resume to email@example.com. Please include a targeted cover letter or email message that tells us more about you than your resume relates, to include your answers to the following questions:
- What city or town do you live in?
- What inspired you to apply for this job?
- What is your ideal weekly work schedule and ideal number of weekly hours worked?
Please do not call us unless we call you. Employment agencies are asked not to contact us.
AGAIN, PLEASE ASSURE YOUR APPLICATION INCLUDES A RESUME, AND A COVER LETTER THAT ANSWERS THE ABOVE QUESTIONS
We are fully devoted to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.