Jul 31, 2011 Learning more from Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len and Ho’oponopono
One of my key teachers is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. He is in Washington, D.C., at the Holiday Inn near the Air and Space Museum this weekend, sharing Ho’oponopono, which is about taking personal responsibility for everything we are aware of (this helps me eliminate anger and tension, eliminate blaming others for problems, and be here now, and ultimately helps me be a better persuader), and getting to zero limits (which is also related to t’ai chi, being calm in the eye of the storm, non-duality/non-attachments, and, once again, being a better persuader).
Following Ho’oponopono takes a leap of faith, but it seems to be a harmless leap of faith. My being in the presence of this remarkable man makes me want to know how he got to such a remarkably peaceful, calm, and persuasive stage in life. Yesterday, I was able to talk directly with Dr. Hew Len as I learned from him, and I am returning for a full day with him today.
Here are some relevant links:
– A great interview series with Dr. Hew Len, in which he says the most important question is “Who am I?” with Ho’oponopono saying “You are perfect” and the rest is just garbage/data.
– Dr. Hew Len addresses how inspiration comes from zero.
– Dr. Hew Len focuses on being peaceful to have peace, and focusing within oneself to address problems.
– Dr. Hew Len reading the Peace of I prayer in Hawaiian.
– Some articles:
BY DR. HEW LEN
– “Who’s in charge?”
– Newsletter articles from Dr. Hew Len.
– “A House Divided”
BY DR. HEW LEN WITH OTHERS
– Zero Limits, by Joe Vitale (Which lists Dr. Hew Len as a contributor. This is an important introduction to Ho’oponopono and Dr. Hew Len).
– “Self I-Dentity Through Ho’oponopono”
By Ihaleakala Hew Len, Ph.D. and Charles Brown, LMT
— On responsibility (An interview with Dr. Hew Len)
— My previous blog entries about Dr. Hew Len.