Self improvement links and steps for your Virginia criminal & DUI defense
Fairfax criminal lawyer top-rated by key attorney reviewers AVVO & Martindale-Hubbell
Virginia DUI lawyer / criminal attorney for Fairfax County, Prince William, Arlington, Loudoun & Beyond
Self improvement can make a difference in your Virginia criminal or DUI case
Self-improvement (SI) / rehabilitation — what I sometimes also call homework — can sometimes help criminal defendants with case negotiations with the prosecutor, and with any case sentencing in the event of a conviction. As a Fairfax criminal lawyer, I know it is ideal criminal defendants to talk with their lawyer about the best self-improvement options to pursue. Following are important links for such self-improvement (and here are purely online options) in fighting against such prosecutions for alleged DUI, drug offenses, and theft.
Some key self improvement links
Here are some key self improvement links:
- Alcohol & Drug Programs: Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program. government-licensed programs in the state to the north. Aquila Recovery in the nation’s capital, and nationwide program locator.
- Driver Improvement Classes: Virginia-DMV-approved (some of these classes also have an additional four-hour aggressive driving component for reckless driving cases) and Lifestyles Learning in Fairfax, Virginia- 703-297-2688, email@example.com (intensive course).
- Here are some self improvement links for additional criminal defense cases:
- John Schools for Prostitution Defense: An online class is here.
- The Virginia S.T.O.P. shoplifting class. An additional option is the online Offender Solutions.
Alcoholics Anonymous / Narcotics Anonymous-type meetings
Attending self help meetings similar to AA self help meetings can be helpful for Virginia DUI and drug defense.
- Here is an AA meeting verification sign-in sheet/court card.
- StepChat.com provides online AA and NA-type meetings. Like AA, donations are voluntary. You receive emailed confirmation of meeting attendance.
- SmartRecovery.org provides AA and NA-type meetings live and by phone. You receive emailed confirmation of meeting attendance. The phone meetings might quickly book up.
- AA nationwide locator. AA is hospitable for those dealing with alcohol issues
- NA nationwide locator.
Discuss SI with your lawyer
Self improvement needs to be tailored to your unique Virginia criminal or DUI case defense. Talk with your lawyer about your best approach for SI.
Fairfax criminal lawyer Jonathan L. Katz pursues your best defense against Virginia DUI, felony and misdemeanor prosecutions. Call 703-383-1100 for a free in-person consultation with Jon Katz about your court-pending case.